Your business could be eligible for up to $5,000, or up to $10,000 if you are a tourism business, to help navigate the impacts of COVID-19
COVID-19 Advisory Funding
Great South is administering the COVID-19 Business Advisory Fund and Tourism Transitions Fund to help connect your business with expert advice and support in the following areas:
- HR & Employee Relations and Legal
- Financial and Cashflow Management
- Health and Wellness
- Business Continuity Planning
- Marketing Strategy
- Digital Enablement Strategy
- Business Hibernation (tourism businesses only)
No co-funding is required and if eligible, your business can access advice from a range of registered providers.
To qualify, your business must:
- Have fewer than 100 full-time equivalent employees, and be GST registered in New Zealand
- Have a New Zealand Business Number
- Be operating in a commercial environment
- Be a privately-owned business or are a Māori Trust or incorporation under the Te Ture Whenua Māori Act 1993 or similar organisation managing Māori assets under multiple ownership.
- Have undergone an assessment with a Great South Business Growth Advisor ( Register here)
- Charitable trusts
- Incorporated societies
Make an appointment with a Great South Business Growth Advisor today by either:
Additional support for tourism businesses
Support through Qualmark
Qualmark has received $5 million to establish a free advisory service to support tourism businesses as they navigate the impacts of COVID-19.
The Tourism Advisory Support Service is available to provide advice to businesses on things like how to transition their business for the domestic market, strategy development, and moving in and out of hibernation.
The business advisory services offered by Qualmark and Regional Business Partners are running in tandem.
Support through New Zealand Māori Tourism
$2 million was allocated to New Zealand Māori Tourism due to an ongoing need for business support for Māori tourism businesses.
The funding has been earmarked to deliver MBR Tāpoi - a service which is intended to support Māori tourism businesses. For further information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.